I was recently speaking with someone that has had a rough couple months. It seems like every day has something bad in it and very rarely do you get the “today was a good day” talk. FOR THE MOST PART, it’s one of hopelessness. So after our coversation, in my most annoying way, I started talking about all the things that I LOVED in my every day. My advice was that this person was just missing the pretty because they stopped looking. You can’t stop looking. There is a smile just waiting right around the corner where you see someone fall down a flight of stairs (no injuries of course, just good comedy). It could be a good cry. It could be a good cup of coffee. It could be singing with your favorite musician in your car all by yourself. You could have then given the car next to you something to smile about as well (or a good hysterical laugh).
Find the things that you love and make them your reason to smile even when you don’t want to!
Here are 20 Things that I love….. Not like everything I love in the world…. these are just 20 RANDOM THINGS that I love and that can turn any day around……like all the way!
- Having my Carrie Underwood mug filled with warm, hazelnut coffee on a morning that I have off from work and that I get to enjoy a nice, cool, spring morning.
- Watching animals doing funny things and wondering what’s going on in their heads. This past weekend we were at the horse track and these horses were going full force! They looked so happy. It always makes me think a conversation is going on between them, “Guys, did you see Charlie? New shoes, yep, light weight hoovehoppers. That’s why he’s smokin’ us today!” I also imagine that one horse chasing butterflies and just trotting along until his A-D-D meds kick in and he takes off and wins the race. WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE!?
- I love when I get 20 texts, a couple of phone calls, and even a FB post or two when Carrie Underwood is on TV. My friends know me so well! I love hearing them say that they thought of me right away (when they say Carrie).
- Watching a good cheerleading routine. I don’t care how old I get I still feel just as anxious and excited as if I were about to walk out and perform. It also makes me tear up when I see teammates taking care of each other and working so hard together! I LOVE TEAMWORK!
- A good hot bubble bath… jets preferred
- Getting in the car with a bestie or two blaring Carrie Underwood and singing at the top of our lungs….. windows rolled down with the heat on high
- When I receive a gift from someone who might appear odd (to the person buying) but it’s exactly what I was wanting. I love to know that I was heard.I also love knowing that going the extra mile is still important!
- I love a good MOVIE cry. Sometimes I just want to be alone so I can evoke a moment like that. It’s like I want to work out all that mess in my head but I’ve not quite broken down the tear walls and then I turn on the teary-eyed movie of choice and TADA, blubbering mess!
- Reminiscing. I love thinking about the past and remembering the “good ‘ole times”. I’m so fortunate to still have the same friends from the EARLIER “good ‘ole times”so it basically us talking in circles about one another! You know, a total blast!
- An Attic – Fan! If you have never experienced one then I’ll just apologize for your lack of experience in this world! They are magical! What the thought of an attic fan does to me is it takes me back to being a very young child falling asleep in front of a screen door. The gentle breeze the attic fan pulled in was perfect for a GREAT NAP (especially after a good afternoon of swimming)
- I love to be alone. You might never guess this but there are parts of me that are so introverted that if given the power then they might take over! (Don’t worry, the SuperPower Extrovert in there is equally as tough). I like walking around the lake just to find a place to connect with God. I LOVE ALONE TIME!
- I love watching my friends smile…. genuinely
- I love coming home to my dogs going crazy wild barking and howling! It’s the BEST WELCOME HOME!
- I love my SHOWER time album recording time each night. I get in the shower and blast music. Typically I am screaming the notes right behind the artist! Thankfully no one really gets to witness this activity!
- I love babies. I love their soft heads and sweet faces. If there is a baby in the room, I will be holding them. If they don’t like me then it’s just a matter of time before I make them like me through charm and persuasion.
- I love that time in the morning when barely any living creature is stirring. It’s the quietest part of the day and the most stable. It’s definitely a time to meet with GOD.
- I love the feeling of doing something for someone else. This could be simple as buying them lunch and seeing their face when its done. I just like to make people happy and seeing their happiness makes me MORE happy!
- I love having “AHA” moments while reading a good book
- I love having the Jeep top of and just driving around town.
- I love getting lost in a memory that makes you smile while you hold back the overwhelming emotion of gratitude and love
Well these are just some of the things that make the day a LOT BIT BETTER!!! What makes your day BRIGHTER?? What are the things that you enjoy everyday that you haven’t given the title of “this can bring me a smile”? Turn your frowns upside down and make a world of differences!