I’m starting to have… well…I’m having… ok, I’ve had a bit of an “A-HA” moment. It comes in glimpses of my past when someone or something triggers feelings that remind me of times throughout life when I’ve shortchanged myself.
I didn’t participate like I wished I had.
I didn’t believe that “someone like THAT could like someone like me”.
I didn’t see myself owning space in the life I wanted.
Moment after moment, I missed out on the experience of life simply because I didn’t understand that I was lovable, likable and deserving of creating my own life.
As I’ve relived these moments, a now assertive voice is firmly telling a new version to these stories .
You were always enough.
What do I mean when I say “enough”? It’s the deep knowing within your soul that you are everything that you need to be in any given moment to do exactly what you need to do. It’s the core-shaking belief that no matter what, you just being YOU, simply you, holds a power that no one else can create. “Enoughness” is finding the presence when nothing else matters except you being in the moment and breathing. Your mere existence is so amazing that the universe is working alongside you.
It’s like figuring out how to
finish a mind puzzle before everyone
and you just can’t wait to show everyone
how you did it!
I look back on times in my life when I’ve shy’d away from my true self and just shake my head wishing I could have those moments just one more time. I think of the times that I quit because I didn’t feel good enough and wish I would have just pushed through it. I think of times that I didn’t take a chance on being vulnerable to new experiences because I thought I wasn’t good enough. I think of times when I didn’t speak up because I didn’t think that what I thought or felt was valuable enough to have a voice. I just keep seeing all the things that I didn’t do because of fear and self-doubt and I’ve had enough of it.
Stop wasting who you are and let go of the inner dialogue that says you aren’t cool enough, cute enough, fun enough, smart enough, witty enough, successful enough, fit enough, rich enough, enlightened enough, poetic enough, skillful enough…. enough enough enough…. These stories are not enough anymore.
So what do I want you to take away from all of this?
Here are some ideas you can put in your back pocket to remind yourself that YOU ARE ENOUGH. These tips come in handy in moments when you feel the tug to take the road less YOU versus the road less traveled.
- MOST IMPORTANT – Take time to get to know yourself. It’s important to spend quality time with the one person that’s always going to be there for you… YOU!
- Speak your emotions. Understand your emotions. Name your emotions. They are teaching you something about yourself that you need to listen to and learn from
- If you think you know what someone else thinks or what they want about/from you in any given situation, THINK AGAIN! YOU DON’T! Don’t even go down that rabbit hole
- Don’t assume everything you read, see on social media, hear, or create in your own head about someone else’s life is true. We’re all pretty good at masking our own fears
- Learn from past experiences. If you know that there’s been a time when you didn’t take a chance on yourself then there’s always THIS CHANCE. If you don’t do it differently then how do you expect it to change
- Be unapologetically you! I know, easier said than done, right? There are some people in this world that just get this concept right away and then there are others (like me and maybe you) that have to learn it. Either way, the value in learning this or living it is priceless!
That’s it! There’s my “A-HA” moment! I hope it stirs something in you as well!
Before you leave I want to remind you that whether you know this now or not, YOU ARE INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT in this world. You matter so much that the most POWERFUL BEING in the UNIVERSE created you. All the things unique and special about you this world needs so please don’t hide it from us! Share, live, and be loving!
***If you are a young person (a tot, teen or twenty-something) hear me when I say TAKE YOUR CHANCES. When you doubt yourself, tell yourself the other story that you are CAPABLE and WORTH the experience. Don’t let another person shrink your existence!