Have you ever really taken a look at yourself and said,
“Man, I’m a hypocrite!”?
Is this something only I struggle with on my journey?
Here’s a little bit about me….
- I judge and yet I get mad when I’m judged
- I lie but I hate being lied too
- I hold a grudge and preach forgiveness
- I encourage others and doubt myself
- I complain about others not caring enough and half-ass my own leg work
- I walk when I tell others to run
- I mock others but do not like being mocked
- I preach integrity but take shortcuts
- I tally your flaws but want to be wholly accepted
- I say give and yet I keep
- I don’t like hypocrites and yet I am one
Can you relate?
Of course you can because you are human!
Even Paul from the Bible can relate to you. In Romans, 7:15 he states “I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate.” Sounds pretty hypocritical to me and yet that was from a LONG TIME AGO. The human struggle is real.
We share so many qualities and yet we remain silent when our brother or sister falls. We don’t want anyone else to see our flaws because then what leg do we have to stand on. The truth is that we all do what we don’t always want to do. We all are hypocrites to an extent but the difference comes in the awareness and ability to forgive yourself and choose a different path. Acknowledging this can be quite powerful because you gain the tools of awareness and presence.
So what if you took a moment of the day and became something you didn’t like. That’s ok! We all do it!
Challenge yourself today to be a better version of who you are meant to be and make a different choice tomorrow to be even greater!
Say this in the morning…..
“I accept myself just as I am in this moment. What happened before is no longer part of me as it’s the past. What’s ahead I have no control over. I will remain present in this moment, moment by moment, and grow along the way. I will be better. I will be greater. I will be kinder. I will share grace. I will love abundantly. I will do all of this by starting from within and then express my unique energy into the world…. into the universe. ” – Josh Tippy